Gas Man Blog
Cost of Having a New Boiler Installed - Things to Consider
Monday 4th January 2021
Boilers become less efficient and often unreliable as they age, meaning expensive engineer call-outs and increasing fuel bills, so having a replacement boiler fitted might be the only option.
There are many factors to take into consideration when buying a new boiler: What type do you need? Which brand to go for? How much does a new boiler cost, as well as the installation? It is possible to source a new boiler yourself directly from the manufacturer and then find an engineer to fit it. However the option we recommend would be:
Boiler Supply and Fit
This means that you will get a quote for both the new boiler and the cost of installing it. This is a good option if you would like advice from us on which boiler to go for and also our expertise in installing it, as well as after-care. We would then handle everything. The cost of having a new boiler supplied and fitted would be around £2000 - £3500. This maybe more if radiators, thermostatic radiator valves are required.
The cost of a new gas boiler depends on the brand, type, size and type of fuel needed to heat your home and provide enough hot water.
We always carry out a full inspection of your property before giving a quotation.
Combi Boiler Prices
Combi (or combination) boilers are the most popular type of boiler, suitable for smaller accommodations where no more than one shower would be running at the same time; they are also easy to use and quick to install. Combi boilers combine a high efficiency water heater and central heating boiler in one small unit, with no need for a hot water tank, saving space and keeping costs down. They come in a range of sizes. The cost of having one installed will be influenced by:
* size of the boiler.
* whether radiators need replacing.
* Type of boiler plus time clock/thermostat.
* the length of the flue to vent waste gases
* if you need to remove a hot water cylinder or water tank from the loft.
* if the replacement boiler needs moving to a different area.
Modern condensing combi boilers convert at least 90% of fuel into heat, meaning that they are very efficient so will save you money on fuel bills. This could be as much as £350 a year if your old boiler was a 'G rated' one.
If you would like a quote for a replacement boiler, contact The Gas Man Services today.
The Gas Man Services cover;
- Dorchester, Poundbury, Martinstown, Charminster, Charlton Down, Cerne Abbas, Weymouth, Portland, Easton, Fortuneswell, Southwell, Weston, Chiswell, Castletown, Wyke, Lanehouse, Chickerell, Preston, Upwey, Broadwey, Sutton Poyntz, Langton Herring, Lodmoor, Radipole, Westham, Southill, Buckland Rypers, , Frampton, Portesham, Abbotsbury, West Bay, Bridport, Poole, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Broadstone, Sandbanks, Canford Cliffs, Burton Bradstock, Crossways, Wool, Swanage, Broadmayne, Warmwell, Osmington, Owermoigne, Winfrith, Wareham, Corfe, Sherborne
Postal codes we cover
DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, DT8, DT9, DT10, DT11, BH10, BH11, BH12, BH13, BH14, BH15, BH16,BH17, BH18, BH19, BH20, BH21, BH22, BH23, BH24, BA20, BA21, BA22, BA8, BA9
- AND MANY MORE AREAS