Gas Man Blog
Boiler Servicing In Dorset
Sunday 1st September 2019
Boiler servicing is one of those things that's often overlooked and too many people don't have their boilers checked on a regular basis. Whether you're busy and forget to book your service, or you're not really convinced that it's necessary,
Here are some reasons why you Should Service Your Boiler Annually & give the Gas Man Services a call.
1. You can catch boiler problems early...
2. It's easy to forget that you don't only use your boiler during Winter. You use hot water everyday, so everyday your boiler could be running into issues - you might just notice them more when Winter rolls around.
3. Having your boiler serviced annually means that your engineer will be able to identify any problems with your boiler and address them before they do any major (and costly!) damage. Problems with your boiler, no matter how small they may be, will only get worse the longer you ignore them. You don't want to leave your boiler to its own devices all summer and let it break down when you turn the heating on in November.
4. It's cheaper than replacing your boiler...
5. Servicing your boiler costs £60 which is less than you think, and it definitely less than replacing your boiler entirely.
6. Regular checks and maintenance will keep your boiler running properly, and because you'll be able to fix any issues right away, your boiler will be less likely to break down later on. A healthy and well maintained boiler will most likely last longer than a boiler that hasn't been serviced, therefore saving you money on needing to buy a new boiler
7. It'll save money on your energy bills...
8. An argument against servicing your boiler is that it costs money - and people often think that it'll be a waste; however, this isn't typically the case.
9. As part of your servicing, we will carry out all necessary checks to ensure that your boiler is running efficiently, which can actually save you money over time. Of course, the model of boiler you have, and how old it is, will determine just how energy efficient it can be, but improving your boiler's efficiency will mean that it'll use less energy to run, and will subsequently keep your energy bills low.
10. You can keep your boiler safe...
11. Not only will servicing your boiler ensure that it's running efficiently, it'll also ensure that it's running safely.
12. According to the Department of Health, 4000 people go to A&E each year with carbon monoxide poisoning, and because the symptoms (headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing and a loss of consciousness) can easily be assumed to be due to other common illnesses, it's crucial that you have your boiler checked on a regular basis. Servicing your boiler can give you peace of mind that your family are safe - or it'll let you know that you need to carry out repairs before a faulty boiler seriously affects your health.
13. If your boiler is under guarantee, it's common that this will only apply if you have your boiler serviced on an annual basis.
14. If you don't service your boiler for more than 12 months, this may void your warranty, so if it does break down, you won't be able to claim the money for repairs. Be sure to check the conditions of the warranty on your boiler, and if it requires an annual service, make sure you book one in on time - you don't want to be caught out.
Landlords, it's the law!
If you're a landlord, you are required by law to have annual gas safety checks carried out on all gas appliances in your properties - your tenants' safety is your responsibility.
The required checks you need to carry out every year do include boilers, but it also includes any other gas appliances you may have - gas ovens and fires.
Have you serviced your boiler in the last 12 months?
Whether or not the warranty on your boiler requires you to service your boiler on an annual basis, if you're concerned about your family's safety, or you simply want to save some money where you can, there are a wide range of reasons why you should service your boiler annually.
If you haven't had your boiler serviced in a while and you'd like to book an appointment you can call us on 07516473023
Common makes of boilers we are asked to service include
Alpha, Alpha Ocean, AO Smith, Ariston, Atag, Baxi, Biasi, Boulter, British Gas, Broag, Buderus, Chaffoteaux & Maury, Dimplex, Electric, Elm Leblanc, Ferroli, Firebird, Geminox, Gledhill, Glow-Worm, Grandee, Grant, Hamworthy, Heatline, Honeywell, Hoval, Hoxton, HRM, Ideal, Jaguar, Keston, Lochnivar, Main Boilers, Malvern, Maxol, Megaflo, Morco, Myson, NPower, Potterton, Powermax, Pro Boilers, Radiant, Ravenheat, Remeha, Sabre, Saunier, Saunier Duval, ServoWarm, Sime, Stelrad, Thorn, Trianco, Vaillant, Viessmann, Vokera, Warmflow, Wolf, Worcester, Worcester Bosch.
Areas we cover include
Weymouth, Portland, Easton, Fortuneswell, Southwell, Weston, Chiswell, Castletown, Wyke, Lanehouse, Chickerell, Preston, Upwey, Broadwey, Sutton Poyntz, Langton Herring, Lodmoor, Radipole, Westham, Southill, Buckland Rypers, Dorchester, Poundbury, Martinstown, Charminster, Charlton Down, Cerne Abbas, Frampton, Portesham, Abbotsbury, West Bay, Bridport, Poole, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Broadstone, Sandbanks, Canford Cliffs, Burton Bradstock, Crossways, Wool, Swanage, Broadmayne, Warmwell, Osmington, Owermoigne, Winfrith, Wareham, Corfe, Sherbourne.
Postal codes we cover
DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, DT8, DT9, DT10, DT11, BH10, BH11, BH12, BH13, BH14, BH15, BH16,BH17, BH18, BH19, BH20, BH21, BH22, BH23, BH24, BA20, BA21, BA22, BA8, BA9